• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
McZ

Visual C++ 2008 Express, .dll file but no .lib

This topic is 3786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I have installed the new C++ 2008 Express edition from MS. I have created a .Dll project and a .exe project.. The .Dll project compiles fine and I get a .dll file But when I get to the linking part for the .exe file the linker breaks and says I have no .Lib file for my .Dll file. So I looked through my project settings for my .Dll project and found "Import Library" and it has the value of $(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).lib which means it would generate ..\debug\enginecore.lib but it doesn't, I have tried to rebuild but no .lib file. So have I missed any options for creating .lib files when creating a .dll file? EDIT: So I found a place where I have to define a Module defention file, I assume this is where I put in a path for a .def file. Altough I don't have one, I am converting a project from CodeBlocks to VC++ 2008 Express and CB generated a .def file on its own.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!