• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
justcallmedrago

Only disassembly availiable for debugging "Access Violation"

This topic is 3879 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am getting this: First-chance exception at 0x0007667e in Delta.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0007667e. It only gives me the option of looking at disassembly, and the line in disassembly is "0007667E ???" I am using: - VC++ - OpenGL - Freetype - Freetype's .dll file I'm on a small development team and most of them use code::blocks with the gnu gcc compiler and it compiles fine for them. If someone could answer these: 1. How can I find out what line is being executed at the time of this error? 2. Can this be a problem with the differences of compilers? 3. What can I do in the future to catch these access violation errors? Also, I'd rather not post my code because there is a lot of it and I don't even know the general vicinity the problem is occuring.

Advertisement
Quote:
2. Can this be a problem with the differences of compilers?

Sometimes a certain library is only meant to work with a certain compiler. For example, I think that DirectX is only meant to be used with VC++ .Net 2003 or above (That doesn't mean it will not work with other compilers, it just means that it's not guarantied).

Quote:
I'd rather not post my code because there is a lot of it and I don't even know the general vicinity the problem is occuring.

Step through your program with the debugger and post the line of code that causes the error (I mean the line of your code, not the assembly code). That might give us a hint on where the problem is.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!