• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Weirdhomeboy

Lua and XNA or Xnua

This topic is 3960 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Everyone, I'm a beginner coder at Radford University and were trying to get C# Express + XNA and Lua setup on the school computers for our programming club as well as the class were having next semester. The problem I'm having is importing Xnua. According to the docs it only works with XNA 1.0 but we have all 2.0 stuff and are trying to keep 2.0. The problem we have is we cant convert Xnua to work with XNA 2.0. I've looked everywhere to find a solution but have been unsuccessful. I've also looked over all the code and I understand most of it but don't know what I need to edit to make it compatible with XNA 2.0. Can anyone help me make it compatible or if they have a better scripting language that would work with XNA 2.0 could you please let me know what it is? Thanks

Advertisement
Unless you are going to use Lua on the XBOX, you should simply use LuaInterface. XNUA is not completed, and has bugs.

All i can say is dont use namespaces with _ in the name with LuaInterface :P You'll get very very VERY random errors... Fooled me for a while :P

LuaInterface is the BEST option for using Lua with .NET. If you need a hand with the syntax of registering classes, etc, just let me know.

Just throwing this out there in case it is an option:

1. IronPython and IronRuby are better choices than Lua on .NET since they are more mature on the platform (no more mature as languages), if you have a choice I would encourage you to take a look at the alternatives
2. XNA runs on the compact framework, which means that most scripting languages will not work on the Xbox (no reflection, no DLR, etc), so if you are trying to develop a game for the Xbox the IronXXX languages are no good, for the Xbox LuaInterface is probably your best choice

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!