• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kolgm

Minature Map

This topic is 3882 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Lets say I have a set of characters in a 3d world. I want to represent myself on a minimap in the center always facing up. Easily done. Now when I rotate, I want my characters to rotate as I do. Current angle = 0 everything is ok.. If 180 > current angle > 0 or -180 < current angle < 0 is where the problems occur. How would I traverse a position based off of my position at an angle and return the appropriate x, y coords for it? Anyone have a function or can help me with the mathematical representation of doing so? - kolgm

Advertisement
I might not be the person to ask but...

Are you trying to take coordinates and figure out the angle of them (in relation to another coordinate)?

Or are you trying to take an angle and trying to rotate a coordinate by it?

Or is there some problem that occurs when you rotate at a certain angle...

Sorry, just not sure what you're asking... someone else will probably understand better than me.

Why do you need to traverse to the position??? Can't you just query your character's position and then render the mini map accordingly (and the angle would only serve to rotate your character in place on the mini map).

Maybe explain how your mini map is supposed to work in more detail, or whether the bug is with the mini map or with moving your character in general.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!