Sign in to follow this  

Ideas for implementing simulated scores & player statistics for a sports game?

This topic is 3602 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm new to GameDev.net and this is my first post. I hope this hasn't been hit on elsewhere, but, to be quite honest, I didn't know exactly what to type for a search, so I decided just to start a new topic. I'm in need of some help/ideas with implementing a system to generate scores and statistics for a sports game I'm working on. I'm planning on producing a game that tracks team records and season statistics. The trouble I'm running into is I have no idea how to get the program to quickly generate realistic scores for non-human controlled games and statistics for each individual player on a particular team. Long story short: I need an equation or set of equations that can be used to quickly and realistically generate this data. (And it would be okay if the data was Pseudo-random, as I have a way to get around this.) If you're still confused as to what I'm getting at, think of simulating an entire Madden NFL season without playing a game. I hope that helps clear it up a bit. I do have some ideas in mind, but again, I'm not sure how to plug it all into a neat equation or group of equations to get the results. I'll stop here for now. If you need more information I'll be happy to post my ideas on how I would like it to work. Any help would be VERY appreciated. -Crux

Now that I think about it, this should probably be moved to the Game Programming section of this board.

Mod if you could please move this topic for me, I'd appreciate it.

-Crux

This topic is 3602 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.