ZFX Engine

Started by
2 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 16 years, 2 months ago
Ok I found my cd to my 3D game engine programming book. But is the ZFX engine a good choice for a first engine project? If not what would you recommend and where do I learn to make it? jack
Advertisement
In your first Project, you can do whatever you want. Irrlicht, Orgre3D, ZFXEngine or something similiar.

Perhaps you take a little time and try this engines for yourself. In your first projects, you will never reach the limits from this engines.

The more important Question is: what do you want to do?(today XD) Do you want to lern use 3D engines? Build your own one? Or primary making a game?
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to hang yourself. And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.I love the risk.
Thanks for the reply.
Quote:The more important Question is: what do you want to do?(today XD) Do you want to learn use 3D engines? Build your own one? Or primary making a game?

Well of course my ultimate goal is to make a game. But to do so I need to learn more about 3D programming and directX. I just want to understand 3D engines more and what is needed in a 3D engine or what may not be needed but what is recommended to be in such an engine.

I think by starting with the ZFX engine it'll give me a foundation to base my own engine in the future off of. Any direction is helpful at this point.

jack
In reality, you don't need to write an engine at all. Write Game, Not Engines is a great article which explains more about this.

Basically, write your game, and the engine will eventually build itself over time.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement