Sign in to follow this  

ZFX Engine

This topic is 3600 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I found my cd to my 3D game engine programming book. But is the ZFX engine a good choice for a first engine project? If not what would you recommend and where do I learn to make it? jack

In your first Project, you can do whatever you want. Irrlicht, Orgre3D, ZFXEngine or something similiar.

Perhaps you take a little time and try this engines for yourself. In your first projects, you will never reach the limits from this engines.

The more important Question is: what do you want to do?(today XD) Do you want to lern use 3D engines? Build your own one? Or primary making a game?

Thanks for the reply.
Quote:
The more important Question is: what do you want to do?(today XD) Do you want to learn use 3D engines? Build your own one? Or primary making a game?

Well of course my ultimate goal is to make a game. But to do so I need to learn more about 3D programming and directX. I just want to understand 3D engines more and what is needed in a 3D engine or what may not be needed but what is recommended to be in such an engine.

I think by starting with the ZFX engine it'll give me a foundation to base my own engine in the future off of. Any direction is helpful at this point.

jack

This topic is 3600 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.