Sign in to follow this  

Should I bother with graphics now?

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My programming book that I currently have is quite old and I've had to go and look up new libraries and the like. The book is in a chapter getting your feet wet with some simple graphics (colors, lines, squares ect.) it doesn't really explain how I create my own thing for graphics because it's school text/assignments that I got online, it says that it will be provided for you from your teacher. Since I'm teaching myself and would have to go look up everything on creating my own graphics stuff and all that, should I even bother with graphics at this point? I'm only about 9 chapters into the book (6-7 days of programming)

re:

http://diaryofagraphicsprogrammer.blogspot.com/

I particularly liked the section on animating normal maps. Egyptian hieroglyphics are easier to understand... or the quantum physics of a black hole..

You hard out 3D coders must be completely insane.

m0ng00se

Quote:
Original post by m0ng00se
You hard out 3D coders must be completely insane.

Not really. It requires a specific mindset, just like any field of work, programming or non. I think low-level system guys must be insane to have to deal with what they do, and I couldn't possibly imagine someone enjoying work writing database software, but those people exist (and I even work with a few).

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.