Sign in to follow this  

Java swing in J#

This topic is 3601 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My brother-in-law is having some problems with a Java program he's working on. He built the program in Netbeans, and asked for some basic help. However, I do all my programming in VS2005, and J# is having trouble building the code. I found an older thread on here that partially went into this same topic, but it's been retired: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=444345 I do know that he has included
import javax.swing.*;
import javax.swing.event.*;
But I still get "error VJS1161: Cannot find type 'javax.swing.JFrame'". This is the only error I get. I haven't actually done any Java programming since 1997, when it was still Java 1.2, so a lot of this code has me lost, but I figure I can figure out what he needs if I can get it to compile. Any words of wisdom?

Quote:
Original post by soniq
I haven't actually done any Java programming since 1997, when it was still Java 1.2, so a lot of this code has me lost, but I figure I can figure out what he needs if I can get it to compile.

Any words of wisdom?

J# is not Java. J# is a language from MS with a suspiciously similar syntax but entirely different (and incompatible) libraries and behavior. It's only really meant as a transitional language for people who want to port over lots of existing Java code to C# and/or .Net.

Go get a proper Java compiler and IDE instead.

This topic is 3601 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.