Sign in to follow this  

new to game programming

This topic is 3596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi im new to game programming and this website, i would appreciate it if someone could recommend me a language? im sufficient in python and made some DOS stuff long ago using qbasic. i would really appreciate your opinions :)

well since you know python that would be the logical language to start with since it cuts on the learning curve

but after python i suggest that you go for java or c++ or c#(if you dont want cross-platform)

hope this helps!

Quote:
Original post by Skeezix
well since you know python that would be the logical language to start with since it cuts on the learning curve

but after python i suggest that you go for java or c++ or c#(if you dont want cross-platform)

hope this helps!

it does thanks :)

I would definately use python. For 2D and 3D games both, I'd highly recommend Pyglet (Pyglet.org). The documentation is very good and overall I really like it.

Also, get a good IDE (Integrated Developement Enviroment). Using one of these that has atleast code coloring/formatting makes it exponentially easier to read your code. For Python I recommend Komodo Edit, which is free to download at openkomodo.com.

~Cody

This topic is 3596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.