DARK GDK

Started by
4 comments, last by rpstaekwondo 16 years, 2 months ago
ok, so i downloaded dark gdk, and i am using directx 10, but when i tried to run something just as a test, i got this message; 1>------ Build started: Project: Dark GDK - 2D Game4, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Compiling... 1>Main.cpp 1>ok not tellling the directory\the game creators\dark gdk\include\darksdkcamera.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory 1>Build log was saved at "file://not saying\my name here...\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 2D Game4\Dark GDK - 2D Game4\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>Dark GDK - 2D Game4 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== can someone please tell me whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
i am using visual c++ by the way
ok i solved that issue by myself, but now i have a whole new issue;

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: plz work, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'plz work', configuration 'Debug|Win32'
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib'
1>Build log was saved at "file://not saying directory\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\plz work\plz work\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>plz work - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

someone plz help me!!!!
I believe it doesn't work because your "!" key is broken.

If that doesn't help, make sure that Visual Studio knows where to find the DirectX libraries. Either add the directory in the global options or in your project options. You'll most likely have to add the include directories, too, and it's a good idea to move both directories to the beginning of the list so that VC searches there first and does not confuse them with its own, old DX version.

~matt();
Dark GDK uses DirectX 9 not DX10 which is why your having problems.

your need the August 2007 DirectX SDK.
ah, thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement