Sign in to follow this  

DirectX Sprite Management

This topic is 3594 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been working on a flight simulator display that will run on a networked computer. I am using DX9 (Win32 programming) and have a question on how to manage sprites. I created a texture class that handles management of image files. I guess what I am confused about is whether or not to include a sprite interface within the texture class (private variable) to draw the textures when required by logic? So, say I have about 150 image files for one gauge that would require 150 instances of my texture object which would create 150 pointers to the sprite interface (one for each texture) if I include it in the texture class. Does this make sense to do it this way or do I keep the sprite interface seperate from the texture class and only have one pointer to it and call the draw method for every image that I need to draw when I need to update the sprite? I am not sure about the logistics of sprite management and textures and I am not sure where to find good information on this subject. Thanks, Art

This topic is 3594 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.