Sign in to follow this  

Sand Auto Wars beta is out! Grab it now!

This topic is 3598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sand Auto Wars

Sand Auto Wars beta is released! Grab it from download page at official web page. It contained fully functional server, client and map editor. All tested and 100% working! At this stage all game mechanics completed to 95%, only minor update need to be done. Next stage will be to find a artist and give SaW graphical overhaul which will include additional graphical effects such as tire marks, smoke, partial effects and so on. (So if any artists interested please contact me at bigdogco@gmail.com!)

Now little bit about the game

The idea of this project was to develop an online game, which will mimic and expand multilayer components of GTA 2 game. Saw contains fully functional server/client multilayer components (ex. Counter-Strike). Game is developed in simple 2D graphic style with top-down view. This insures that game is light and any decent PC is able to run it as smoothly as possible. Also game will designed to use as little bandwidths and be lag free during internet gaming sessions. Sand Auto Wars is an online multiplayer action game. The main concept of the gameplay is fighting, using various vehicles to destroy your enemies. At the start of the game, all players are sitting in cars of their choice. By using weapons mounted on the vehicles, players have to destroy other players of an opposite team. Different types of vehicles have different advantages/disadvantages. For example heavy vehicles are slow and clumsy, but you can use big weapons and can take a lot of hits while light vehicles are very fast but can use only light weapons. Maps consist of a fixed area, for example an open desert field or a city with some structures. Players begin at different starting points. During the game, statistics of player's kills/deaths are recorded and displayed. SaW is set in a post-apocalyptic world following The Great War, a nuclear war that occurred on October 24, 2071 and lasted less than two days but caused immense damage and destruction. Few people survived, some hided in vaults, some in shelters and some just were lucky. Slowly people starting to come out of their hiding places and go back into the real world. Some people joined into different gangs and cities. Wars starting to appear here and there for the few resources left after The Great War. Water and oil is one of the main resources which need human to keeping surviving. Gangs fight for different territories and what left of the cities.

Game Features

Fun online Multiplayer gameplay with up to 32 players simultaneously 2 different factions to choose from 2 different weapon and vehicle classes Hundred of different vehicle setups 6 different maps to play on Low Graphical and Bandwidths Requirement Create your own maps and share them with your friends! Fast and fun gameplay Beautiful 2D graphics Small installation size Play over LAN or Internet

Screenshots

You can find more information at our official web page or screenshots here. Enjoy! [Edited by - pasha_bigdog on February 10, 2008 4:43:50 AM]

First, let me state that it looks quite interesting, but I have not had the time to try it yet.
I do not know, whether or not this has been fixed, but on one of the screen-shots on your website, the one with the different resolutions, one of the options are "1153x864". Clearly, I hope, that is a simple typo :) Also, have you considered supporting wide-screen resolutions?

Quote:
Original post by nife87
First, let me state that it looks quite interesting, but I have not had the time to try it yet.
I do not know, whether or not this has been fixed, but on one of the screen-shots on your website, the one with the different resolutions, one of the options are "1153x864". Clearly, I hope, that is a simple typo :) Also, have you considered supporting wide-screen resolutions?

Yup that a typo lol. Gonna fix it right away! Because game is windowed it pretty much can be run in any resolution. It will not effect textures or anything. I can easily add more resolution options if needed.

Sign in to follow this