Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know how to fix this?

This topic is 3593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just got Visual Studio 2008 and when I run a program unless there is user input the window closes immediately after the code executes. My old version has a prompt that says "press any key to continue". I look all through the help and online and I cant find a solution to this. Anyone have VS 2008 and know how to change this by chance? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If you're currently running using F5, you can use Ctrl-F5 instead.

Alternatively, add a Console.ReadLine() statement at the end of your program. This will wait for you to press the Enter key before exiting.

NB - this is C#, the syntax might be slightly different in VB.

OMG your my hero!!!! Ive been going nuts! It took me long enough just to figure out how to build a project (this is very different from my old version) Im used to looking for my build compile and execute buttons (this one doesnt even have an execute button, anywhere!) Thank you again :D

Quote:
Original post by Chrono1081
OMG your my hero!!!! Ive been going nuts! It took me long enough just to figure out how to build a project (this is very different from my old version) Im used to looking for my build compile and execute buttons (this one doesnt even have an execute button, anywhere!) Thank you again :D

If you want a button on a toolbar to allow you to execute your project, right-click in on an empty part of the screen (where you'd expect a toolbar to be) and select Customize.... From here, click on Debug in the left pane, then in the right pane, scroll down until you get to Start Without Debugging. Then all you have to do is simply drag that button to a toolbar and click it to run your project without the debugger. :)

Now I have two heroes! Thats for the tips guys! I was going nuts trying to figure this out between trying to write a program thats due for class tonight, working, and fixing stupid wireless internet issues. Now my new compiler works just like my old (and I mean old) one :D.

This topic is 3593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.