Sign in to follow this  

[Win32/C++] Weird error

This topic is 3599 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My program worked yesterday, changed some tiny things today and suddenly it outputs a very weird error: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." It closes automatically when I start it (using a batch file to pass arguments), and puts that error in stderr.txt I use C++, SDL, SDL_net, SDL_ttf on a Windows XP 32bit SP2 system. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance, Decrius [Edited by - Decrius on February 10, 2008 3:01:23 PM]

Quote:
Original post by Decrius
What could be the problem?

This:
Quote:
changed some tiny things today

Whatever you changed, change it back, then work your way through changes to see which one of them broke.

The error you get is a generic crash. Most likely memory access problems, null pointer, dangling pointers, ....

Very true. Thank you.

I thought something big was wrong or my windows was not alright as windows never displayed errors in this way to me...

Found the problem though, I was trying to get the debugger to work but it was faster to just make the code commented and trial and error...^^

This topic is 3599 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.