Sign in to follow this  

video for casual game

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i want to creat a video for my new game for more exposure & advertising. do you think this is a good way for getting more exposure? after creating the video, what should i do next? shoud i submit it to video sites? thanks

Make sure the video makes a good job at showing your game. Create a website and put the video on it in the Media section, along with screenshots. Also have a news section and a download section for downloading demos. Then post address of your website in GameDev game showcase, on Great Games Experiment, on DevImg.net, and several other sites. If the programming behind your game is of interest, also create a GameDev journal and post the source code on SourceForge and maybe one other place to give it more exposure to game programmers (all of which are also gamers). If it's a 2D game, 2D Dev is another good website to post in (http://2ddev.72dpiarmy.com/index.php).

It's a good idea to make a video. A good game will promote itself if the video is interesting. .However, As I have noticed it will go very slowly if you want to do things all by yourself. If no one knows you have a video, no one will watch it. A working demo of your game is a better way of getting exposure.

(edit: making the post more compact).

[Edited by - Marmin on February 13, 2008 3:58:44 PM]

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.