Emails in C++

Started by
58 comments, last by jbadams 16 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by bigjoe11a

Well one of the libraries was called pcuc??? some thing. It was an library was would help me to make Boxes, Lines and things like that in C++. and the other libraries I check out cost TOO MUCH. I couldn't find any thing for less then $300. and as for the free ones. I can't get support for them.

Support is where the money is, code is free. That's just how it works. Even for open source software - people pay developers for support, not the code.

Why didn't you want to try the sendemail solution I've shown? It avoids third-party libraries, it's free, and requires no extra steps to get working. All it requires you is to set up the parameters and call it. It gets the job done, but avoid all the other issues you're having.

It's just as much C++ as anything else. In order to send email you need Winsock. That one is an external application as well, provided as DLL by Windows, sendemail comes as exe. That's the only difference.

Quote:Note: <sstream>, not <stringstream>. Sad but true.

Yea,... flu, fever and all that...
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Antheus

Well one of the libraries was called pcuc??? some thing. It was an library was would help me to make Boxes, Lines and things like that in C++. and the other libraries I check out cost TOO MUCH. I couldn't find any thing for less then $300. and as for the free ones. I can't get support for them.

Support is where the money is, code is free. That's just how it works. Even for open source software - people pay developers for support, not the code.

Why didn't you want to try the sendemail solution I've shown? It avoids third-party libraries, it's free, and requires no extra steps to get working. All it requires you is to set up the parameters and call it. It gets the job done, but avoid all the other issues you're having.

It's just as much C++ as anything else. In order to send email you need Winsock. That one is an external application as well, provided as DLL by Windows, sendemail comes as exe. That's the only difference.

Quote:Note: <sstream>, not <stringstream>. Sad but true.

Yea,... flu, fever and all that...

Because I didn't want to add 3rd party software to my software. Thats all it is for me is just some thing to learn.

You really could have googled for the information yourself by now based on what people have told you, but anyways...

Johnnys Winsock Tutorial
SMTP RFC

Work through the first link to learn how to open, read & write, close and do other cool shit with sockets in windows. Then have a look through the RFC. Somewhere in there is probably a diagram showing you how to structure the packets that you need to send and you will recieve.

If you don't want to involve 3rd party code then this is what you need to do, there is no way around it.
Quote:Original post by Dave
You really could have googled for the information yourself by now based on what people have told you, but anyways...

Johnnys Winsock Tutorial
SMTP RFC

Work through the first link to learn how to open, read & write, close and do other cool shit with sockets in windows. Then have a look through the RFC. Somewhere in there is probably a diagram showing you how to structure the packets that you need to send and you will recieve.

If you don't want to involve 3rd party code then this is what you need to do, there is no way around it.

Dave thanks. I was hoping for an easy way. Every one is saying to use a library. So until I can find a free library some where that will let me send emails and use a SQL 2005 database. I don't know that much a bout C++ to start working with sockets at this time. My tutor doesn't think I ready for that yet.

Johnnys Winsock Tutorial
SMTP RFC

Dave thanks. I was hoping for an easy way. Every one is saying to use a library. So until I can find a free library some where that will let me send emails and use a SQL 2005 database. I don't know that much a bout C++ to start working with sockets at this time. My tutor doesn't think I ready for that yet.

Ok, that is fine.

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

Johnnys Winsock Tutorial
SMTP RFC

Ok, that is fine.

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

Dave did you try and go to that page. I keep getting SERVER NOT FOUNT.

The link worked fine for me and has exactly what you are looking for.
Quote:Original post by bmanruler
The link worked fine for me and has exactly what you are looking for.

Well the searches that I came a cross have libraries that I can send emails and connect to SQL server 2005 database. Its just that the libraries cost like $300.00. I was hoping there would be an easy way to send emails and connect to a SQL server 2005 database.

It works for me as well. HOWEVER, it isn't free. The download is for a 30-day free trial. So that doesn't work very well. It costs less than $300 though. A full featured license for a single developer costs $120. A private license to use just for personal use (can't sell applications) costs $80.

It seems as though all of the free open source libraries for C++ are linux based, but I haven't looked hard.

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Quote:Original post by nobodynews
It works for me as well. HOWEVER, it isn't free. The download is for a 30-day free trial. So that doesn't work very well.

Right theres no since in wasting time on a 30 day demo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement