Sign in to follow this  

XNA help needed.

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay I just got XNA, I'm the least experienced programmer on my team (meaning I have no experience...though to be honest only two people have experience and they're both caught up in their lives right now and only willing to test code I and two others write) and I would like to make improvements so I can actually be an asset to the team. Over the past few years we've entertained the thought of a 2D MMORPG, and well we decided to go for it, The only problem is there is no source code I can seem to dig up for a 2d game, if I could at least learn how to write the code I would be eternally grateful. Unfortunately all the tutorials I can find are in 3d and until my new graphics card arrives I'm stuck learning nothing. If anyone knows any tutorials on how to create a 2D RPG, I can handle creating the multi player functions and writing the C# code myself I just need to see how some of it's done to get a hold on it. The main goal for this 2D MMORPG is to create a fan base while building on new MMORPG ideas we have come up with, we can code, add, update the game while we take classes and learn how to make a 3d release of the game. In other words the entire 2d is a test in a sense to see how the fans would react. We have many revolutionary ideas that we're going to release to the gaming industry, and the gamer community. First we just need a start so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Does it have to be an MMO?

The XNA documentation goes a fair way to getting you sorted in terms of 2D games, you haven't specified if the game is going to be isometric or top down (I guess not sidescrolling). Isometric games have a fair bit more to consider in terms of how you draw things, but that can probably wait until you're more settled with XNA in general.

Learning wise no it doesn't have to be an MMO, I just need to get the basics down, or the how to's. I've been looking through some of the 2D XNA files and their not as detailed as I'd like, but if all else fails I'll trudge my way through them.

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.