Sign in to follow this  

[XNA] Flickering vertices

This topic is 3590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm still working on my terrain engine using XNA. Got most generating code done, written some shaders etc. Got nice results. But now I ran into a problem But the problem is: Sometimes an edge of my terrain starts to flicker or completely dissapear. With edge I mean a stroke of about 40 units at the edge of the terrain mesh. If I move close enough to the edge, mostly it stays visible but when the camera is a further away it starts flickering again. Anyone has a solution for this? I hope this description is clear, English is not my first language so it can be a bit messy. Thanks in advance! ~Khaosz

My guess would be that you are either hitting some issue with your camera near and far planes (maybe the plane range is too high or too small), or some issue with the z-buffer, or its precision, without more detials is hard to tell what is going on

This topic is 3590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.