Sign in to follow this  

Help with a DOS batch file

This topic is 3592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings All, I know that dos batch files are not exactly advaced programming but I am finding myself stuck. I am currently trying to write a batch file that will find a specific folder, change directories to that folder the run a specific command. All the research that I have done on dos commands and batch files has come up empty. This really would not be that difficult if our program (that this batch file will be used to fix) was installed to the normal program directory. Of course, it is not. It was built using .Net Framework 2.0 and uses the Click-once technology to install it. The installation is user profile based (meaning it installs to the current windows user profile). The path itself will be somewhat the same for all installs but different enough to give me problems with this file (I am a dos noob btw :-/) This is what I got so far: cd %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Apps\2.0 This gets me to part of the way there. After 2.0 the directories change per install until you get to the final folder of "3sixty_13c5df2c701b7d7c_0001.0001_de507a731ce9767b" That folder name is common among all the installations. In the end, I need it to look something like this ---------------------------------------------------------------------- //Takes you to the installation directory cd %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\....\3sixty_13c5df2c701b7d7c_0001.0001_de507a731ce9767b //Runs the regsvr32 command regsvr32 skype4com.dll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I just don't know (and can't find) a wild card for the part of the directory that changes. Any help any could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Edit: If there are othere ways or languages for doing this, I am totally up for it. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I am not looking for someone to do the work for me. Just need a little guidance :-D [Edited by - Rockjs on February 11, 2008 3:30:34 PM]

This topic is 3592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.