Sign in to follow this  

Obscure bug need help please

This topic is 3590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My frame rate in my game drops from 100 to about 30 or so every 10 seconds and stays that way for about another 10 seconds. This is not a display bug because the entire game slows down. Trouble is I have searched all through my code and I cannot come up with a reason for this. I have even disabled everything processor intensive and it still does it. I am starting to think this may just be the suckiness of Windows Vista? I was afraid of it being a trojan so I just reinstalled everything yesterday. Still does it.

As mentioned above profiling is a key to a lot of weird performance drops. Otherwise it's hard to say anything as you haven't mentioned pretty much anything else than that you use Vista. If you're using some garbage collected language then it might take a nice hit on your performance but it shouldn't be that big unless it really eats up all your memory and only then collects it. Without more information there isn't really anything we can do to help.

This topic is 3590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.