Radix Sort in OpenGL

Started by
5 comments, last by samoth 16 years, 1 month ago
I have a homework about Radix Sort in OpenGl. Can you help me please to make it? I am new at openGL and don't know anything... Thanks...
Advertisement
Radix sort is a sorting algorithm. OpenGL is a graphics rendering library. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Focus on the language you use instead, because a graphics rendering library is totally irrelevant to the sorting algorithm.
Radix sort? BS.
You probably have to do a sort, such as Batcher's Bitonic Odd-Even Merge-Sort.
From what I remember of radix sort, it's not something it could map well to HW. If your homework says that, I'm sorry to say there's no correct solution so you're in bad trouble! :P

Previously "Krohm"

at first I will solve the Radix sort algorithm(I made it) then I will show that in an animation.At this part my teacher told me that I will do that such as OpenGl.if I can't do that with OpenGl so which program may I do?
have a look at SDL instead, its a much simpler grafics api
I need to do Radix Sort animation. I can do that in OpenGl, Java 2D 3D or something else.

please help me...
Quote:Original post by ccmaniac
I need to do Radix Sort animation. I can do that in OpenGl, Java 2D 3D or something else.

please help me...
If it doesn't matter what you use, and you are apparently not too much experienced, then use Java 2D.
You're doing yourself a favour, since it is a lot harder to shoot your foot, and it is really painless to get something to work.

The "standard way" of showing how a sort algorithm works is to generate an array of random values between 0 and some maximum number, and represent every array entry by a horizontal line, like in a bar chart.
Then, run your whatever-sort-algorithm and at every iteration, update the bar chart.

Here's an example of what this looks like: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~harrison/Java/sorting-demo.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement