• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bigjoe11a

SQL and C++

This topic is 3954 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If I can't send emails in C++ how about database. Can I use C++ to access a SQL server database. I hate when my searches come up blank. Joe

Advertisement
You can do literally anything in C++ that you can do in any other language.

However, C++ is obviously too low level for you and is likely the wrong tool for what you want to do.

I strongly suggest you switch to C#, or Python, or Java...

Quote:
Original post by rip-off
I think you missed the point of many of the replies to your other thread.

Ripoff, Thanks But no I didn't. I need to use an program to in order to send email. Well I was hoping I could send email right from the code with out reqiring an extra program to do it for me.

Quote:
Original post by ChJees
Yes you can.

Here is what i found: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads

Ok, your not getting it. I mean SQL 2005, NOT MYSQL

Quote:
Original post by bigjoe11a
Quote:
Original post by rip-off

Ripoff, Thanks But no I didn't. I need to use an program to in order to send email. Well I was hoping I could send email right from the code with out reqiring an extra program to do it for me.

Exactly, you missed the point. You can send an email right from your code using libraries. Email is essentially a text conversation over TCP sockets. There are plenty of TCP socket libraries usable from C++, therefore one can an email using C++.

I'm not sure if you understand what a library is. A library is just compiled code someone else has written for you. It isn't a program. Is there any reason you won't use a library?

Magic.

Quote:
Original post by rip-off
Quote:
Quote:
Original post by rip-off

Exactly, you missed the point. You can send an email right from your code using libraries. Email is essentially a text conversation over TCP sockets. There are plenty of TCP socket libraries usable from C++, therefore one can an email using C++.

I'm not sure if you understand what a library is. A library is just compiled code someone else has written for you. It isn't a program. Is there any reason you won't use a library?

Magic.

Thanks again Ripoff. See the problem is finding some one who would help. Getting the information is easy. Just setting up and so on is not. I never used one before. I Download one a long time a go. and couldn't get any help with it.
Thats the problem. If I could get the help I needed to use the library. That would work for me.

Then the question you should really be asking:

Quote:
What is a good library for doing SQL/Email/Whatever in C++?

Followed by (once you've found one you think might do the job):

Quote:

Im trying to use library X. I've tried reading the documentation on the X website, it says do Y to set it up on IDE Z, but I get this error message: <insert error message here, in full>, with this sample source code: <code in source tags>.

As you can see from the above, there are too many variables in the above for us to guess at why you were having difficulty setting up a given library.

The first step to getting the help you want is to know how to ask smart questions.

Quote:
Ok, your not getting it. I mean SQL 2005, NOT MYSQL

You've got a severe attitude problem. We aren't mind readers. If you meant SQL 2005 then say so up front, and don't blame people when they can't read your mind.

This topic is 3954 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.