Irritatiing Problem VC and DX 7

Started by
4 comments, last by Void 24 years, 6 months ago
I have the same problem,
but i have problems even with some older interfaces (DirectX6.1 all new versions of interfaces)

So if anyone know what's the problem plase HELP!!

Advertisement
The easiest solution is to include the dx headers in your project. Then most of it will work with the Intellisense system. Also, you might want to check out the archives for the DirectXDev discussion list at the MS website. I believe someone mentioned another, more permanent, solution recently.
The easiest solution is to include the dx headers in your project. Then most of it will work with the Intellisense system. Also, you might want to check out the archives for the DirectXDev discussion list at the MS website. I believe someone mentioned another, more permanent, solution recently.
Yeah, It's an annoying problem. What I did was add ddraw.h to my project then I removed it. For some reason this seems to work!

There's probably a better fix to the problem, but this seems to work fine for now .

--TheGoop

Does anyone using Visual C++ has this problem with directX 7.

It does not seem to auto list the members of
LPDIRECTDRAW7 interface pointer

eg.

LPDIRECTDRAW7 lpdd;

lpdd-> // VC should show the member
// functions when the > is
// typedbut it doesn't

However it does show the functions for other idirectdraw versions.

The approach I use is to create a subfolder in my Headers folder, called DirectX, and place all the DirectX headers I use in there. This is the approach recently discussed on the DXDev mailing list. The next release of MSDN should contain DirectX 7, and if you upgrade to that, you don't need to do any of this anymore.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement