It's a free game: RotationWar

Started by
12 comments, last by d000hg 16 years, 1 month ago
hey folks, at my university we were to write a game using XNA. (It wasn't our choice, we were forced to...) The focus was on game-design and rapid prototyping. This is the final iterated version of our 2nd prototype. We had about 3-4 month of developing time and weekly meetings for crticism with the whole group. It's an innovative game I think. There's not a certain category in which it fits but I'd say it's a realtime, strategy, war-puzzle-game. The team (consisting of 4 people) were a Team-Lead, a Content-Creator, AI/Gameplay-guy and me for the graphics and the Audio stuff (yes, it's also my music) so if you've got time to check out this casual game: DO IT, it's free! RotationWar image1
image2
image3
zqueezy [Edited by - zqueezy on February 23, 2008 8:55:29 AM]
Advertisement
Perhaps a screen shot, description of game play or mention of included source code might persuade me better to download +200MB on my half-slow connection.
It is I, the spectaculous Don Karnage! My bloodthirsty horde is on an intercept course with you. We will be shooting you and looting you in precisely... Ten minutes. Felicitations!
Quote:Original post by Don Carnage
Perhaps a screen shot, description of game play or mention of included source code might persuade me better to download +200MB on my half-slow connection.

Amen to that
My current game project Platform RPG
Personally, I'm more than a little iffy about downloading anything from someone that doesn't have some kind of rating on here. Also glancing at your topics started shows what seems to be spam, (most of the page looked like the same posts).
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Moving to Your Announcements and closing the one there since this already has replies. One topic in one forum only please.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Yes, screenshots are a must. Also, are you sure you know what casual games are?
heyhey,

wow... quite some harsh replies...
>iffy about downloading anything from someone that doesn't have some kind of rating on here
Well, as you might have seen this is my university account for hosting the stuff. So it should be secure!!!

Gameplay:
The game has a relatively simple plot. It consists of 10 levels (+Tutorial).
The goal is to destroy the boss who's centred in the middle.
You've got 5 different unit-types you can place around him.
The boss consisting of several weapons will try everything he can do defend himself.
You'll need a strategy for each level (except the first maybe)

>Also, are you sure you know what casual games are?
Why is everybody so f*****-up-impolite here? Yes I do!
My rating is probably so low because I don't post very much, so I thought hey maybe someone is intrested in a free game.
250MB for a virus?? I think I could do better than that

if you have an xbox360-controller you can use it as well

greetings
zqueezy

PS: >Also glancing at your topics started shows what seems to be spam
Which one was spam???

[Edited by - zqueezy on February 23, 2008 8:22:19 AM]
Chill out dude, this is a gamedev (mostly programming) forum. We constantly share ideas and games with each other.

I was not impolite. I asked you a question because I don't like casual games. Casual games are flashy, shiny, easy-to-play regurgitated 10-20 meg downloads that you have to pay $10-20 for if you manage to make it past the trial version without uninstalling.

These are casual games: http://www.gamefalls.com/

It seemed to me like your 200+ meg RAR (zip files for the elites and geeks) from a student account using XNA (casual gamers probably struggle to install the latest service packs) is anything but casual.

Take a tip and listen to what we have to say. If you think a badly formatted post, condescendingly offering a FREE game to us poor, poor game developers, without pictures or a good description and not warning about the size of the download or even bothering to make it a hyperlink will get you good reviews, you better start rethinking.

Also you have a flat rating, not a bad rating, and I never thought your game might contain malware.
I'm chilled to the utmost.
To be honest I was more waiting for hard criticism than fancy words.
well it does not fullfill 100% of the casual games definition (see wikipedia) since its size, free of chargeness and stuff.
I'm not looking for a good-rating, if you prefer give me a bad one and I won't be disturbed.
I love this forum very much cause I found help about some topics here that I'd never found anywhere else.
I'm well aware that other people have lots of more-high-polished, probably better games here but why not give it a try for some people?
I'm not offended or anything
No, I really don't care about ratings. I'm glad you listen to me, I hope you get good advice here.

So you know where I'm coming from, I got burnt by a post quite like yours on the Ogre forum. I was really looking forward to this suave game, and it just froze on the menu screen.

Quote:
Quote:Hi there!
Where can i get Apotheosis (by Singularity Studios), bins or source or just the comunity/forums ? I been googling all morning without success.

we havent put it up anywhere, basically all of us burnt ourselves out and havent really thought about releasing it, as it was mainly for portfolio work and a uni assignment but if theres enough intrest for the game i guess we can arrange something :) if ur keen for a copy i guess u could msn me (jedilamma at hotmail dot com) and ill send the binaries (250 meg)

heaps didnt expect people to be intrested :P]

http://www.enginecoding.com/bayo/Apotheosis.rar

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement