Sign in to follow this  

Is there nothing left in DX10

This topic is 3588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

wheres all the .X files and things gone from DX10, only one mesh class. was this a real pain for some people, will be for me will meen I will have to dump .Xfile format for what ??????. Is DX about to die for XNA.??????

Quote:
Original post by ankhd
Is DX about to die for XNA.??????
Absolutely, Windows is also going to cave in and we'll all be praying to mini statues of Steve Jobs. [rolleyes]

DirectX is aimed at pro-level users - yes, its a bit of an inconvenient truth to some people, but it is what it is. These pro-level customers don't tend to use .X file, in fact, it's been an unloved child for many years really. D3D10 made the clean break in various areas so it isn't too unreasonable that it dropped .X as well - its been a long time coming.

I wrote as well as posted the code for converting between ID3DXMesh and ID3DX10Mesh. You can take out a dependency on an earlier D3DX9 DLL as well as D3DX10 and use all your favourite old D3DX mesh routines and then bundle up the data to go into an ID3DX10Mesh for rendering. It's awkward, but it works really well for legacy migration.

hth
Jack

This topic is 3588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.