can I get ?

Started by
10 comments, last by blakedev 16 years, 1 month ago
C++ & c? and will it cost me or can I get it for free?
Advertisement
Applications to edit and make C and/or C++ into programs are freely available. Visual Studio Express is probably the best for windows. GCC/G++ is readily available on all *nix boxes. I'm not familiar with Macs, so someone else might be better to comment for them.
c/c++ are not physical things you can 'get' they are a programming language. There are plenty of tutorials freely available to learn this language just like any other.

And as the previous post mentioned there are programs (compilers) that are good and free that will take what you write and make it into a program that you can run on your computer.
Have a look at Microsoft's visual C++ Express editions:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/

2008 just came out but I don't know how stable it is. You may want to stick with 2005 for now.
Macs ship with xcode which is their ide. you have to install it yourself from disks that come with your mac. The compiler they use is gcc.

The only problem with express version is its got a 30 day time limit.

I'am also going to be looking for c# too.

Thanks for the help!
Quote:Original post by blood sport

The only problem with express version is its got a 30 day time limit.

Not true, I've been using Visual Studio Express at home for the better part of a year.
Express edition requires you to "register" after thirty days - but that's no more than just creating a free(!) and useful account with MS. Having that account is also useful for Microsoft Developer's Network and the like.
Quote:Original post by mmakrzem
Have a look at Microsoft's visual C++ Express editions:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/
Seconded.
Quote:2008 just came out but I don't know how stable it is. You may want to stick with 2005 for now.
I haven't heard anything bad about 2008. Also, there aren't as many hoops to jump through to get basic Windows applications up and running (Platform SDK, anyone?).
Quote:I'am also going to be looking for c# too.
There's an Express for that, too, among others.
Quote:
I'am also going to be looking for c# too.

Clicky

There are different versions of the express editions for different languages.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement