Sign in to follow this  

Registration Program (Something like it)

This topic is 3593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I'm new to C++ and I was wondering if someone who is really experianced with it could maybe write up a simple source code for me to disect and study. Recently I have been studying Login / Registration programs. I know that most of these are from JAVA and whatnot because thay are used for the web, but I was wondering if I could get a code that takes user input and saves it in some kind of storage or database, kinda like a high score program. All help is appreciated, thankyou so much for being a helpful community

On the web, passwords are usually hashed, then stored. Whenever a person enters a password, it's hashed and compared to the hash in the database.

Note that the strength of this system lies not so much in the hashing algorithms used, but in the fact that the user has no direct access to the database (. Desktop applications are inherently unprotectable: protection systems may stop 90% of the users, if not more, but because the whole application is out there in the open, within the users grasp, those with the right skills can always find a way to break it.

Anyway, as for writing to file or to database, the first can be done with fstream (or ifstream and ofstream). For the second, you'll need an external library. You may want to look into SQLite: a light-weight embeddable database engine.

This topic is 3593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.