Sign in to follow this  

Weird 64-bit compiler errors(VC++ 2005)

This topic is 3593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

We've recently acquired a 64-bit machine for testing purposes of our application. We want to build a 64-bit version, and there is already an x64 setting within VS 2005. However, whenever I select the x64 target and compile, I get errors on already defined values, and more importantly, I get missing header files. This are always MFC headers that are missing. Any idea what could be the cause of this? If I revert back to Win32 as target platform, it compiles fine. Toolmaker

Have you set up the directories for x64 compiling?
Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories, and set "Platform" to "x64". Then check all the include, lib, etc directories.
The directories need set up for each platform.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me too much if there wasn't x64 MFC DLLs (Although there probably is).

I solved the issues. They were mostly consisting of a badly configured (inherited) development environment. The previous programmer changed a lot in the Win32 build settings, and never bothered to update the 64-bit version.

This resulted in a lot of missing libraries, defines, etc. And setting the correct paths to the headers worked too.

Toolmaker

This topic is 3593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.