VS2005 and Opengl : glLoadMatrix command

Started by
1 comment, last by VariableBob 16 years, 2 months ago
When I try to use glLoadMatrix or glLoadTransposeMatrix, I get: error C3861: 'glLoadMatrix': identifier not found I use: #include <gl/gl.h> #include <gl/glu.h> #include <gl/glext.h> glext.h I got from the www.opengl.org site. (Specifically, http://www.opengl.org/registry/api/glext.h) Two questions: 1) What do I need to include to have VS2005 recognise the glLoadMatrix/glLoadTransposeMatrix commands? 2) Is there a different way to apply a matrix transformation? (Some other command?) I found those after a quick search, maybe something else would be better? Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by VariableBob
When I try to use glLoadMatrix or glLoadTransposeMatrix, I get:
error C3861: 'glLoadMatrix': identifier not found

Two questions:
1) What do I need to include to have VS2005 recognise the glLoadMatrix/glLoadTransposeMatrix commands?
The right function: glLoadMatrixf (or d, for double: info.) The same goes for glLoadTransposeMatrix*. [smile]
Quote:2) Is there a different way to apply a matrix transformation? (Some other command?) I found those after a quick search, maybe something else would be better?

There's also glMultMatrixf to multiply the current matrix by a given matrix. Alternatively, you could start with the identity matrix (glLoadIdentity) and build your transformation with glTranslate*, glRotate*, and glScale*, etc.
Quote:Original post by jouley
[The right function: glLoadMatrixf (or d, for double: info.) The same goes for glLoadTransposeMatrix*. [smile]

Excuse me while I go kick myself.

Back again, thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement