Sign in to follow this  

Display a picture with openGL

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody I have some probles with OpenGL !! The first one: I'd like to display, in my program, an image but then, I want that the program continu to run. I use this code (test is the stucture where there is all the info for the image (height, width, array of piixels ...): Main: /************************************* Initialization OpenGL ***************************************/ /* Initialize GLUT state - glut will take any command line arguments that pertain to it or X Windows */ glutInit(&argc, argv); /* Select type of Display mode: Single buffer, RGB color*/ glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB); /***************************************************************************************************/ Load the image /******************* Display the image thanks to OpenGL *************************/ glutInitWindowSize(test.Largeur(), test.Hauteur()); /* the window starts at the upper left corner of the screen */ glutInitWindowPosition(0,0); /* Open a window */ window1 = glutCreateWindow(test.GetNom()); /* Initialize our window. */ InitGL(); /* Register the function to do all our OpenGL drawing. */ glutDisplayFunc(&DrawScene); /* Start Event Processing Engine */ glutMainLoop(); /***************************************************************************/ drawscene function: /* The main drawing function. */ void DrawScene(){ // Clear The Screen glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); glDrawPixels( test.Hauteur(), test.Largeur(), GL_LUMINANCE, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, test.GetImage() ); /* don't wait! start processing buffered OpenGL routines */ glFlush (); } [/CODE] My problem is that the program stop when it executes glutMainLoop() instruction (Actually it doesn't stop but I can't do anything after, I can only quit). I think it's a norma behaviour, But if i put this instruction at the end, the image is displayed only at the end. And I want to display my image in the middle of the execution. Actually I have more than one picture to display, so the first one will be displayed, then the program modify the picture and then redisplay it in a new window. But with this code, the program display the first picture and then do nothing else. Do you know a way to do this ? I think it should exist a function to put the image in background or something like this ? My second problem is the pîcture displayed Here it is: http://osiris.ubishops.ca/~achollet/Affichage/Image_Deforme.JPG As you can see there is a problem. The original picture is Lena.pgm, in P2. I think i have a problem with this line: glDrawPixels( test.Hauteur(), test.Largeur(), GL_LUMINANCE, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, test.GetImage() ); Do you know how i can solve this ? Ths matrix of the picture is stored in a array of byte (byte*) thank you very much for your help !! [Edited by - nonolerobot77 on February 13, 2008 10:26:31 AM]

Hi again,

I continu to work on my program.
Nobody have a solution for my first problem ?? I think it's becausei use 'glutMainLoop', so the program enters in an infinite loop, so i can't use it after !! Does someone know how to aoid this ??

And for my other problem, I succeed to display a picture in P5 but not in P2 (I put an exempla with a P2 in my first post) !!
I use the same way to store the pixels !!
Does somebody know where it comes from ??

Thank you very much

Quote:
Original post by nonolerobot77
Hi again,

I continu to work on my program.
Nobody have a solution for my first problem ?? I think it's becausei use 'glutMainLoop', so the program enters in an infinite loop, so i can't use it after !! Does someone know how to aoid this ??

The answer to this question is fairly simple. You can't exit the glutMainLoop function; however, you don't need to.

You already have declared a Display Function.

glutDisplayFunc(&DrawScene);

That function will get called whenever glut needs to redraw the screen. All you need is a function that is called repeatedly.

This is the idle function.

glutIdleFunc(IdleFunction); // Make an Idle Function:

GLvoid IdleFunction(GLvoid)
{
// do your stuff here
glutPostRedisplay(); // Tell glut a call to display function is needed
}

In other words, the Idle Function is essentially your section of the "game main loop" which is called by glutMainLoop among other OpenGL necessary things.

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.