Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Problem Debugging

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, i had a coot around but couldn't find an answer to my problems so was hoping someone here could help me :) Basically i my app doesn't reach breakpoints in my code for some reason, the application is build in debug mode, at the moment there is a c++ DLL and a c# Application, i'm not testing the c++ code just the c#, its very very simple so far, this is what i've got
[SOURCE]
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

namespace QMTerrainEditor
{
    public partial class TerrainEditor : Form
    {
        public enum QMERRORCODE
        {
            QM_OK = 1,
            QM_FAIL = 100,
            QM_CREATEDEVICE = 200,
            QM_INVALIDPARAM = 300,
            QM_OPENFAILED = 400,
            QM_TERRAINSIZEINVALID = 500,
            QM_CREATEVBUFFERFAILED = 600,
            QM_CREATEIBUFFERFAILED = 700,
            QM_BUFFERSIZE = 800,
            QM_BUFFERLOCK = 900,
            QM_DRAWINDEXPRIM = 1000,
            QM_PSSHADERCOMPILE = 1100,
            QM_PSSHADERCREATE = 1200,
            QM_VSSHADERCOMPILE = 1300,
            QM_VSSHADERCREATE = 1400,
            QM_CREATETEXTURE = 1500,
        };

#region D3D9 DLL Imports
        [DllImport("QMD3D.dll", ExactSpelling = true, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
        public static extern QMERRORCODE D3D9Init(IntPtr hWnd);
        [DllImport("QMD3D.dll", ExactSpelling = true, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
        public static extern void D3D9Shutdown();
        public static extern QMERRORCODE D3D9RenderScene();
        public static extern QMERRORCODE D3D9UpdateScene();
        #endregion

public TerrainEditor()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            if(D3D9Init(DrawPanel.Handle) != QMERRORCODE.QM_OK)
                MessageBox.Show("Error", "Error in Initialising D3D9", MessageBoxButtons.OK);
        }

// Shutdown the DirectX panel when the form is closed
        private void TerrainEditor_FormClosed(object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
        {
            D3D9Shutdown();
        }

}
}
[/SOURCE]
[/source] as you can see, nothing special going on here, but if i try to put a debug point in TerrainEditor() or TerrainEditor_FormClosed() my program runs but it doesn't hit the breakpoint. I was initially having a problem along the lines of "Bad system" when loading the dll i managed to fix these however by changing the compilation system from Any to x86, however before changing this i could debug fine. :S Another problem is that i dont like to copy the DLL every time i do a rebuild is there anyway to set an option within the c# application to search a specific folder for the c++ DLL? I just confirmed that when the project is set to x64 it breaks but says there is no source code available, do you want to see the dissasembly. But when i try with the project set to x86 it doesn't break :S

Quote:
Original post by ZachE84
You're debugging (F5) this through the IDE, and not executing the .EXE, correct?

off course, as i said the breakpoint is hit if i build the x64 exe but not the x86 one

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.