Sign in to follow this  

Getting lazy with Xna

This topic is 3594 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I have a question about Xna I would like to know how to make a simple level editor that would just basically just be to add a model and modify simple things like name and position in the 3d world. I would like some advise in doing that in a winform. if i would be able to do that i could take it from there. thanks.

Doing a level editor might be abit more complicated then you think.
For one if you have a file format for your files already then you would have to load that in and display it and have controls in place that will edit the file based on a graphical users envorment. So all in all a level editor can be complicated but there are some basic steps you can consider.

Loading in the Map File.
Displaying the Map File.
Editing the Map File.
Saving the Map File.

Now the editing part is whats going to be hard to program even more so in a 3d enviroment,

As for XNA i don't know if you can use it with winforms but i don't see why not id just google it to find out.

Regards Jouei.

This topic is 3594 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.