[4E6] The Enemy

Started by
1 comment, last by red090482 16 years, 2 months ago
The Enemy [working title (but its starting to grow on me)] My friend and I are working on this project. I hope to be able to put some screen shots up soon, but right now the games strongest point is its story. Here are the specs: Type / Platform: 2D Horizontal Shooter/ WinXP/Vista Language: Python, and SDL I don't want to give away the whole plot, but if I was asked to create an overly hyped iconic tag line it would go something like: A dystopian future,An unforgivable betrayal, Five worlds, One Destiny on April 3rd 2008 know...The Enemy... Keep your friends close... And some stuff about ponies. I don't think were going to blow away the competition (as you can see), were mostly in it for the fun of making this game and the learning experience. I look forward to seeing your games though!
Advertisement
I can totally hear the epic movie voice announcing that one. Just out of curiosity, What is the inspiriation for this one (gameplay mostly)? And, if you don't mind me asking, whats the story line?
Hey all, I am working on this with taz. Being as I know next to nothing about programming, I am handling a lot of the writing and level designs.

The basic gameplay will be something like Die Hard for the NES. In addition there will HOPEFULLY be a level where you are riding a pony, reminiscent of either 1942, or the tank level of Combat for Atari. (We are not sure if there is going to be either of these levels in the game, and what they will be. It all depends on if we have the time to make them!)

The basic plot takes place in the future. Colonies are spread out all over the galaxy. You are a revenue agent working for the US (they are all, by the way, accountants) searching for a partner and old friend who disappeared while collecting what you believe to be back taxes in the form of a new, valuable crystal type from citizens of the US living on other planets. Since the colonies all have kind of an old west feel to them, this is a dangerous job. Also the colonies all use old school tech like horses (and ponies) due to the fact that living on the colonies so far from Earth could doom the colony if enough parts break down on critical equipment.

Along the way, you will have to fight many enemies, and there will be lots of explosions. I am hoping to make the main character crack wise a lot, somewhat like Spenser, Robert B. Parker's detective. The game will hopefully be funny. In the end, you find your partner, and it is kind of a twist ending that I don't wish to reveal at present.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement