Sign in to follow this  

How to compile c++ programs in windows

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all: I have writen a software in Linux but I don't know how can I compile it in windows. The code was working perfectly in Linux but when I compile it using cygwin, something weird happened. Is there any anther compile like VC++ I can use to compile my program please? Thanks

Cygwin implements Posix pretty well so should be ok for linux apps. Depending on what api's you are using small programs should be ok - I use cygwin for quick ports of linux stuff in windows. Maybe you need to supply more details about what went wrong.

There is a very stupid mistake when I was using cygwin to compile. It's about the file i/o. I am 100% sure that the directory route is correct and the file is no problem, but under cygwin, it always complains unable to open the file. Really don't know what's wrong with it.

Quote:
Original post by Asuralm
There is a very stupid mistake when I was using cygwin to compile. It's about the file i/o. I am 100% sure that the directory route is correct and the file is no problem, but under cygwin, it always complains unable to open the file. Really don't know what's wrong with it.

Is the *application* where you think it is?

This topic is 3595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.