• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Vertex Blending

This topic is 3661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm trying to implement the Vertex Blending. Do, I add these components to my vertex declaration: D3DDECLUSAGE_BLENDWEIGHT, D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT4 D3DDECLUSAGE_BLENDINDICES, D3DDECLTYPE_UBYTE4 Of course, I create the vertex buffer with the weights and matrix indices. In the render method : // Enable the vertex blending m_oDevicePtr->SetRenderState(D3DRS_VERTEXBLEND, true) // Fill the matrix palette for( unsigned int uiBoneIt = 0; uiBoneIt < m_uiBoneCount; uiBoneIt++) m_oDevicePtr->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLDMATRIX(uiBoneIt + 1), m_oBones[uiBoneIt]->GetAbsoluteMatrix()) // Set the vertex declaration // Set buffers etc... // DrawPrimitive m_oDevicePtr->SetRenderState(D3DRS_VERTEXBLEND, false) Is it a correct method to use the vertex blending without shaders ? Thanks you :) Aurélien.

Advertisement
Bare in mind that you need to verify support against D3DCAPS9::MaxVertexBlendMatrixIndex. If memory serves, Nvidia hardware will report 0 - no fixed function vertex blending supported. I got caught with this back in the GeForce 4 timeframe when Nvidia really started pushing vertex shaders. They claimed that there was no point in supporting it.

Anyway, assuming it were actually supported your use of D3DRS_VERTEXBLEND is wrong. If you look at the documentation you'll see that it actually expects a value from the D3DVERTEXBLENDFLAGS enumeration [wink]

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement