Overlay sample, beginner's problems

Started by
1 comment, last by Gurra 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi I'm trying to get the sample from this post to run: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=359319 Currently I'm using Ms visual c++ express edition 2005 with Microsoft DirectX SDK (April 2007) and Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2 I have gone through most compile and linker errors, but I am stuck on a few remaining unresolved symbols, and I cannot find which library to link. Do you have any ideas? The errors I get are : 1>------ Build started: Project: Overlay, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>Linking... 1>overlay_renderer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "extern "C" unsigned long __stdcall SetTextColor(struct HDC__ *,unsigned long)" (?SetTextColor@@$$J18YGKPAUHDC__@@K@Z) 1>overlay_renderer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "extern "C" unsigned long __stdcall SetBkColor(struct HDC__ *,unsigned long)" (?SetBkColor@@$$J18YGKPAUHDC__@@K@Z) 1>overlay_renderer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "extern "C" int __stdcall TextOutW(struct HDC__ *,int,int,wchar_t const *,int)" (?TextOutW@@$$J220YGHPAUHDC__@@HHPB_WH@Z) 1>C:\Documents and Settings\J\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\hsd\Overlay\Release\Overlay.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\J\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\hsd\Overlay\Overlay\Release\BuildLog.htm" 1>Overlay - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== //Gurra
Advertisement
You need to follow These Steps
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
You need to follow These Steps

however running the sample gives "Pixel Format invalid as specified"
running 8800gtx

[Edited by - Gurra on February 15, 2008 6:23:56 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement