Sign in to follow this  

VC++ express 2008 problems have happened again.

This topic is 3586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I thought the problem was fixed but it has came back again with visual c++ 08 express. This is what happens in a step by step fashion. 1- Create new project. 2-Select win32 console project 3- Name project and go through form 4- Tell form to make an empty project. 5-This is where it gets weird ,normally 3 empty folders would greet me, but instead I have 2 called Debug| win32 , Release | win32. 6- I try to add a source file but I cant, instead I can only add project property sheets. What settings did I screw up for this to happen and how can I fix it? I freshly installed this one and scanned for viruses and restarted the computer just in case. What could of led up to this? I have never played around with the settings(I check microsoft forums and so far I got no response. I am doing a repost because the last one I did was not very accurate and was several days old and I didn't want to revive a dead thread). Thanks a lot. System(VC++ express 2008, vista home premium, 3 gigs of ram,180 gigs of free hard drive space.)

That means you have no installed templates but I have no idea how that would happen. I've used VC 2008 since the day the first Beta was released, and re-installed it many times (I trash my system a lot like all good programmers)but never had any issues other than with the incremental linker.

I've also installed other templates like the GDK game library without any problems. There is a way to do it manually (it's in the OGRE documentation for getting their templates into VC++) but it's very tedious.

What happens if you just make a text file then give it a *.cpp extension and open it in VC++? Or does it open other VC++ project files correctly from existing projects?

m0ng00se

It did not open up files correctly from existing projects and when I made the .cpp file, it would not let me build,debug,or run it so that is out. Any ideas? Any links to the arduous process?

Also I tried to do an install which was offline but when I downloaded it I got an error saying I had to terminate. This happened to all of them. Should I just pick up a different ide for c++?

Did you install MVS as administrator?

You can also try registering the templates manually.

Quote:
Original post by m0ng00se
(I trash my system a lot like all good programmers)but never had any issues other than with the incremental linker.

Following up on that conclusion, not having re-installed either Linux or XP machine in 3 years, I must be one of worst programmers in the world.

As for test machines, there's always disk images.

I still got the same thing when I installed and repaired under administrator , when I did the steps listed below it said devenv.exe was not a command. I only have two folders in my VSC folder and that is an empty ProjectTemplates and a NewFileItems folder that contains some files. Was I suppose to install something new? Was devenv.exe a command that had high precedent and didn't need to exist in the folder?

This topic is 3586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.