Some help with game libraries for C#

Started by
2 comments, last by doriansao 16 years, 2 months ago
Hi everybody! I'm planning to do a game for my thesis in my university, I'm not a noobie in game programming but i need some advices about good game libraries for C#. I've been working with Allegro for .NET and BOO GAME but they don't work very well with network support. My idea is to make a shooter game in 2D with multiplayer features, so i'd really appreciate if someone can recommend me some libraries for C#, they've got to be FREE and if they have network support it would be great!! Thx everybody, i hope someone could help me.
Advertisement
XNA is pretty much the standard for C# that Microsoft is pushing. Everything is free, although you do have to subscribe to the Creator's Club in order for your game to work over Xbox Live. If that's out of the question, you can always write your own networking library with what you get with .NET.
XNA is your new best friend. Seriously. It has some basic built in functionality for displaying sprites and sprite based fonts, which you will undoubtedly find handy. For the network support you will probably have to have a Creator's Club membership, but you could always use some of the other available .Net networking libraries.
Thanks for your help guys, I downloaded XNA few hours ago, now I'm learning how to use it with sprites and animations (there aren't many sites with tutorials about Animations with sprites in XNA). It seems to be the best library for C# but i hope it won't be complicated to make my game, becuse I've already created my sprites XD. If someone knows another sites about sprites in XNA would be great!
thx again :D

D.P.- I'll check the network part after learning to use the library.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement