Sign in to follow this  

error

This topic is 3592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok, i have been trying to make a tiny little text game, its really simple, but when i try to make it, i get an error, tell me wats wrong plz #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; int main(){ cout << "in this game, a random number will be selected, and you must guess it \n"; cout << "generating number" << "\n"; int x; x = rand(); for(;;){ int guess; cout << "try to guess the number: "; cin >> guess; cout << "\n"; if(guess == x){ MessageBox(NULL, "that was correct, good job!!!", "you win", MB_OK | MB_HELP); break; } if(guess < x){ cout << "higher!" << "\n"; } if(guess > x){ cout << "lower!" << "\n"; } } }

What is the error? I'm going to guess that it is complaining about WinMain missing. Unless you are building a Windows application, do not include windows.h. That means you can't use MessageBox, but you can use std::cout instead to print to the console.

My guess is you get an error like "Cannot convert const char* to LPCWSTR". If that's the case, change your project settings to Multi Byte Character Set instead of Unicode (Project Properties (Alt+F7) -> Configuration Properties -> General -> Character Set, in VC2005 from memory - it's probably the same in VC2003 or VC2008).

This topic is 3592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.