Sign in to follow this  

Making ambient color transparent

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! This is probably an alpha blending related question: I have a sphere lighted on a side by a distant light. This sphere has an ambient color (black, transparent) a diffuse color (gray, opaque) and a texture (opaque), and stands in a lightblue background. I'd like to make the ambient color appear transparent. Setting it to background color doesn't give the right result. Here is what I do: Stage 0: - set texture stage render state - set an alpha render state for the stage giving: > alpha blend enabled > alpha test enabled, default test function (greater, if I'm not wrong) > alpha source function: 1-SRCalpha > alpha dest function: 1 This gives some nice results as shown in the following picture: but, as you can see, the texture is saturated to white due to the alpha dest function, I suppose. QUESTION: how do I make another overlay (render pass or texture stage) to replace the opaque white with the color texture and leaving transparency from the previous stage? Thanks a lot for any help you can give.

This topic is 3591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.