• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

best game engine below 7000$

This topic is 3729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi There I think it is another flame about game engine, but please take your time and answer me. Our team work with many engines,but we need a modern engine (not library) with full range of tools and support, but our budget is below the crytek2 or doom3 engines. we want some thing in range of 7000$ with at least 2 AAA games published by that engine. our language prefrence is c#,c++. please advise me Best regards

Advertisement
does it have to be a single complete engine or can you connect a separate graphics and physics engine, the latter will take a little work but give you far more options

Quote:
Original post by mmmobasher
it can be both, and what is weakness of unity3d anyway, i want to know it before hand.

Here people have listed some pros and cons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_%28game_engine%29

Quote:
Original post by mmmobasher
it can be both, and what is weakness of unity3d anyway, i want to know it before hand.

Probably, the development is on MacOS currently :). But it can deploy to windows environment which required DirectX9. You can ask directly to them by email or at their forum at forum.unity3d.com

$7k omg! That would buy me a new camera lens! Thats a lot of money to lay out. Of course I have absolutely no knowledge on what game engines cost so ill be quiet now...

Omg! Thats nuts! But I guess if you really know what your doing and can create a great game from it its worth it. (As long as you release the game and sell it to more people than just your friends of course :P)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!