best game engine below 7000$

Started by
30 comments, last by BiGF00T 16 years, 1 month ago
Hi There I think it is another flame about game engine, but please take your time and answer me. Our team work with many engines,but we need a modern engine (not library) with full range of tools and support, but our budget is below the crytek2 or doom3 engines. we want some thing in range of 7000$ with at least 2 AAA games published by that engine. our language prefrence is c#,c++. please advise me Best regards
Advertisement
You could take a look at unity3d. http://www.unity3d.com It has great tools for game development.
>--HELMI-->>
does it have to be a single complete engine or can you connect a separate graphics and physics engine, the latter will take a little work but give you far more options
it can be both, and what is weakness of unity3d anyway, i want to know it before hand.
Quote:Original post by mmmobasher
it can be both, and what is weakness of unity3d anyway, i want to know it before hand.

Here people have listed some pros and cons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_%28game_engine%29
I also remember unity's first weakness is that, it is on mac (development enviroment). wait for other options
Quote:Original post by mmmobasher

Probably, the development is on MacOS currently :). But it can deploy to windows environment which required DirectX9. You can ask directly to them by email or at their forum at forum.unity3d.com

>--HELMI-->>
$7k omg! That would buy me a new camera lens! Thats a lot of money to lay out. Of course I have absolutely no knowledge on what game engines cost so ill be quiet now...
For a serious game engine this buck is minimum ! for example unreal engine 3 according to devmaster site: "is estimated to be more than $700,000".
Omg! Thats nuts! But I guess if you really know what your doing and can create a great game from it its worth it. (As long as you release the game and sell it to more people than just your friends of course :P)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement