My presentation

Started by
8 comments, last by ToohrVyk 16 years, 1 month ago
HI fellows I'm a french student , I'm 21 year old. I used to modelling and programming for 4 years. I'm using blender for modelling and I'm developing in C. At present I am developping a 3D Engine in C I've already developped the loading and the rendering of 3D models (point, wireframe, faces). But I encounter some issues with the C langage (I need to use POO to optimize the project) so I plan to learn D langage and rewrite the whole project. That's all folks please take care of me With regards Obed Zorg
Advertisement
Just to check, by "POO", do you mean "OOP" (Object Orientated Programming)?

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

Heh, poo
LOL

Using poo on a game engine ;-)
Programmation orientée objet, you silly people.

To make it is hell. To fail is divine.

my bad my bad it's indeed oop or oriented object programmation
But, in the end, was there a question?
Why would you want to learn a whole new language and rewrite the whole project with OOP? Did you know that C++ supports OOP as well, and has almost the same syntax as C?
Jack
yeah. Seems a better idea to convert from c to c++ as most c code works in c++.
  1. You can use OOP in C—although there's no native support for it, you can certainly achieve it anyway.
  2. Weigh your options carefully. While slightly more user-friendly than C++, the D programming language has almost no industrial application, and would probably get you the same looks you would get if you mentioned SNOBOL on your CV.
  3. Be careful when moving from C to C++. You need to forget everything you learned in C, and learn C++ from scratch. While C++ features most of the constructs that are available in C, they are generally used in a completely different way. If you carry over your habits from C, you will not gain many benefits from using C++.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement