filetime class

Started by
3 comments, last by Antheus 16 years, 2 months ago
is there a standard filetime class i can use? i want to feed it either windows or linux filetime and have it store it in a standard format. I may dump it in a file, i may just keep it as a struct/class. i am not sure how i will use it
<SkilletAudio> Your framerate proves your lack of manhood
Advertisement
Sure. System.DateTime is usable from both Microsoft's .NET framework and the Mono implementation, which means you've got time goodness in C#, VB.NET or any other .NET language. If not using a .NET language, then please specify which one you are using.
well you didn't specify language, but I'm guessing since it's cross platform, you're talking C++ (or possibly python?).

I don't think there's anything in the standard C++ library that can get the time from a file. you might be able to use the c stat function or a wrap a platform specific function such as GetFileInformationByHandle on win32.

in python you can use getmtime
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
i am using c++.

i can easily write a class to extract the platform specific time. But i wanted to know if there was a standard time storage class i can use. One that can preferly handle time zones.
<SkilletAudio> Your framerate proves your lack of manhood
Who would guess it, Boost has something like that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement