• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AcidZombie24

filetime class

This topic is 3900 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

is there a standard filetime class i can use? i want to feed it either windows or linux filetime and have it store it in a standard format. I may dump it in a file, i may just keep it as a struct/class. i am not sure how i will use it

Advertisement
Sure. System.DateTime is usable from both Microsoft's .NET framework and the Mono implementation, which means you've got time goodness in C#, VB.NET or any other .NET language. If not using a .NET language, then please specify which one you are using.

well you didn't specify language, but I'm guessing since it's cross platform, you're talking C++ (or possibly python?).

I don't think there's anything in the standard C++ library that can get the time from a file. you might be able to use the c stat function or a wrap a platform specific function such as GetFileInformationByHandle on win32.

in python you can use getmtime

i am using c++.

i can easily write a class to extract the platform specific time. But i wanted to know if there was a standard time storage class i can use. One that can preferly handle time zones.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!