Sign in to follow this  

help with gl/glaux.h

This topic is 3581 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

YOu need to install the library glaux. NOTE: glaux is "deprecated". most likely, the tutorial you are reading from uses glaux for loading images. I recommend you find a good library to do this for you, and I recommend SOIL for that. Google "SOIL Opengl" to find it. I use this library in my own OpenGL applications and its brilliant.

is there any other way that makes me able to use "gl\aux.h" as i already working on a project using it & actually i can't convert all the code to use the library u use that contains "SOIL.h" ...

P.S: i already linked the GLaux.lib & it still saying gl/glaux.h : No such File Or directory ...

Thanks again for your help & waiting for your reply

Sawsan A.Emam

there could be a number of reasons for this. often, u may find problems if you're trying to #include opengl files from ur header file... might need a bit more explanation. also, you may find more expert knowledge on the graphics forum

In a lot of my code I will find a better way of doing something, or find the limitations of current toolkits/libraries, and I'll have to rewrite parts of my code.

This isn't something you should fear or avoid because it will happen a lot espsecially when you are starting out.

With that said, I use GLUT because there are many tutorials on it. It's a framework like GLAUX but more supported. This framework is said to be best for demos, but with my application, I'm pushing close to five thousand lines of code and it still haven't found the limitation of this framework.

But to answer your question, look into your folder called \gl\... and see if you've got glaux.h there. Most likely it's not there.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes.
BladeStone, Owner
WolfCrown.com

This topic is 3581 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.