• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
evil_trout

Forumwarz: A RPG about Internet Culture

This topic is 3776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I'm writing this to let you know that I've recently launched Forumwarz, a browser based RPG game based on Internet culture. We have a very small dev team, and it has taken over a year of development and a 3 month beta test to get to this point. I'm really interested in your feedback! Play Forumwarz Here's a write up about us in Digital Journal: Magazine write up Here's the basic premise: Forumwarz is a parody of traditional RPG games. Instead of playing as a warrior or thief in a fantasy world, you assume the stereotype of an Internet user and battle on fake Internet forums. Here's what a forum might look like. Notice the toolbar of attacks at the bottom: There's also a complex single player storyline tying the whole thing together. You communicate with many NPCs using a conversation tree in an instant messenger interface:

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!