• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KSP

Dynamic libs

This topic is 3776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I'm using VC++ 2005 to build my engine (actually, it's currently only Core.dll) I've written most of the core.dll program, and I want to test it. So I made a new project and wanted to link it with core.lib file, but there is no such file in any of Core's directories, but instead there is a core.exp file. In MSDN it is said that if the .exp file is being created durin build, the linker does not generate .lib file, but does not say how to prevent .exp file from being created. Could you please advice me to create my core.lib file so I can test the core.dll . Yours, Kourosh

Advertisement
I wasn't aware that a .exp means no .lib is generated. Are you actually exporting any symbols (With __declspec(dllexport))? If you're not, VC won't generate a .lib for you.

copy this link in your msdn: ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.v80.en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_vccomp/html/a98b557c-1947-447a-be1f-616fb45a9580.htm

6th line. I tried to change the import lib name by /implib option, but that didn't work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!