Sign in to follow this  
LoneGoth

general error c1010070

I am currently following the tutorial for SDL at http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson02/index.php Now, I have put all the code into a new Win32 Project > Empty project. I select Build > Build SDLWindow2 (My projects name). I receive the following output: ------ Build started: Project: SDLWindow2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Embedding manifest... .\Debug\SDLWindow2.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified. Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\LoneGoth\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SDLWindow2\SDLWindow2\Debug\BuildLog.htm" SDLWindow2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== Now I have set up SDL properly, included the SDL.dll file in my project, and included my image files for the code. Can anyone give me some advice on resolving this error?

You could try going to your project's Properties > Configuration Properties > Manifest Tool > Input and Output, and set your "Embed Manifest" option to "No".

However, since I am just beginning programming, I am unsure of what "Embedding the Manifest" does, but when I had a related problem, I turned it off, and my project worked.

[Edited by - Mr Krackers on April 26, 2008 7:54:23 PM]

I had a similar problem like this a few months ago and I solved it by going to project -> properties -> Configuration Properties -> General -> Character set. Under character set I changed it to Use Multi-Byte Character Set and then my compliment issue went away.

I hope this helps you out, but I’m also a beginner in game programming and programming in general.