Advice on Writing A Simulation

Started by
1 comment, last by savagemonitor 16 years, 1 month ago
Alright, so I've been trying to do some game programming stuff and I've gotten a little fed up with 2D Platformers and 3D shooters (about the only thing I can really expect to do myself). So I thought back to when I wanted to start writing and the advice I got then was "do what you know". Well, most of my life has revolved around car dealerships as that's the family business. So I thought I'd try to create a simulation of a car dealership in the style of the Tycoon games. What I'm wondering though, where's a good place to start? I've had some experience setting up simulations (my senior project was writing the user interface for a fire department simulator) and I'm planning on writing this in C#. However, every search that has the words "computer", "simulation", or "write" comes up with a bunch of stuff. None of which is useful for what I want. So I thought I'd poke around here and see what you guys would recommend. I'd like a free resource if at all possible. I'm planning on working in C# but the recommended resource does not have to be in that language.
Advertisement
I'm not exactly sure what type of "resource" you are referring to. If you're asking what sort of library to use, take a look at XNA or SDL.NET. If that's not what you meant, can you give some more details?
Sorry about that. By resource I mean a book, tutorial, website. Basically anything that talks about the ideas behind a simulator or a "tycoon" style game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement