[.net] How to create, compile and run DLL in Visual C++ Whidbey?

Started by
0 comments, last by gharen2 16 years, 1 month ago
(1) I am using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (Whidbey) and .Net framework 2.0. I would like to know how to create, compile and set a DLL for ready to be used. I have got codes in C#. They consists of several .cs files and they have the same namespace, like this: using System; using System.Collections; namespace Build { .... } so all of them(.cs files) have the same header like above and the output is "Build.dll". In case of configuring the Visual C++ compiler settings or options, please tell me how to configure it out. (2) Is it possible to execute / use C# based dll in C++ Whidbey? If it is possible, please tell me how to do that. (3) For building a DLL in C++ Whidbey, what file do I need to work with in 1 Project/Solution? ".h" or ".cpp" files? Because when I looked at the C# codes, they use ".cs" files. I knew that in C# ".h" files are not available so it must use the ".cs" files. How is that in C++? Thank you very much..
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by chrisliando
(1)
I am using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (Whidbey) and .Net framework 2.0.

I would like to know how to create, compile and set a DLL for ready to be used.

Create a c++/clr class library, make all your headers visible from the main file, and build it.

I have got codes in C#. They consists of several .cs files and they have the same namespace, like this:

using System;
using System.Collections;
namespace Build
{

}

so all of them(.cs files) have the same header like above and the output is "Build.dll".

In case of configuring the Visual C++ compiler settings or options, please tell me how to configure it out.

I have no idea what you're asking here.

(2)
Is it possible to execute / use C# based dll in C++ Whidbey? If it is possible, please tell me how to do that.

You can reference a c++/clr dll from c# the same way as any other .net library.

(3)
For building a DLL in C++ Whidbey, what file do I need to work with in 1 Project/Solution?

".h" or ".cpp" files? Because when I looked at the C# codes, they use ".cs" files. I knew that in C# ".h" files are not available so it must use the ".cs" files.

How is that in C++?

Thank you very much..

I'm sorry, but if you don't know what cpp and h files are, you really, really, need to step back and do something simpler before tangling with a beast like c++/clr.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement